Dr.Web anti-virus for Windows. RENEWAL, 3-50 users is a free trial software application from the Antivirus Tools subcategory, part of the Security & Privacy category.
The app is currently available in English. The program can be installed on Dos, Windows 2000, Windows 9x, Windows NT, Windows Vista, Windows XP.
Dr.Web® (Anti-virus + anti-spyware) detects and disinfects * Mass-mailing worms * E-mail viruses * Peer-to-peer viruses * Internet worms * File viruses * Trojans * Stealth viruses* Polymorphic viruses * Bodiless viruses * Macro viruses * MS Office viruses * Script viruses * Spyware * Spybots * Password stealers * Paid Dialers * Adware * Riskware* Hacktools * Backdoors * Keyloggers* Joke programs * Malicious scripts * Other malware* Key benefits • Computer resources-friendly - perfect for laptops, ideal for notebooks
• Can be installed on the already infected machine and can cure the infected system
• Correctly checks on-the-fly incomingoutgoing e-mails via POP3/SMTP/IMAP/NNTP
• Protects against spyware/adware/riskware/hacker tools/paid dialers
• Very frequent updates of virus bases – up to several times per hour! Key features • Dr.Web Anti-virus is one of the most resources-friendly anti-virus programs and fully compatible with Microsoft Windows, beginning from Windows 95 OSR2 and to Windows XP Professional. The distribution of Dr.Web is the smallest of all leading anti-viruses – around 9MB, just 12-15 MB of free space is required after installation! Dr.Web saves and never overloads computer resources which makes it indispensable in outdated computers of older generations.
• Dr.Web protects computers from any kinds of malicious codes, it is unsurpassed in detection and curing of polymorphic viruses.
• Only Dr.Web can be installed on the already infected computer and can cure it without any additional utilities! During the installation the main computer memory and startup files are scanned. During the installation phase, there is an option of updating Dr.Web virus bases with the hottest add-ons to the virus base, which takes just a few seconds.
• Only Dr.Web can detect and neutralize viruses existing in main computer memory and never met in form of files, such as Slammer and CodeRed
The Anti-virus’ default settings, deeply thought over by its developers, allow to enjoy comprehensive anti-virus protection from the moment Dr.Web is installed. Various advanced settings for experienced users allow to specify different actions for all types of malicious programs, to select separate files, directories, drives or all hard drives for scanning. If necessary, a user can suspend scanning. The flexibility of settings allows users to adjust the speed of the anti-virus scanning. SpIDer Guard® resident monitor intercepts all calls to files on diskettes, drives, CD-ROMs, Flash-cards and smart-cards preventing penetrations of malicious codes into computers. SpIDer Guard’s driver is highly resistible to external attempts to block its action, for example to stop its functioning by a specially designed malicious program.
SpIDer Guard is a powerful tool for constant monitoring of virus activity. Flexible settings of SpIDer Guard without reboot allow to customize anti-virus protection according to customer’s needs – taking into account computer’s capacity and potentially dangerous sources of penetrations of ill-intended programs. SpIDer Guard, being designed as a Windows services, enables system administrators to restrict access of users to modification of the guard’s settings, which is important for corporate networks, where company security policies must be strictly observed. Mail protection – POP3/SMTP/IMAP/NNTP filtering on-the-fly SpIDerMail® monitor scans incoming and outgoing e-mails on-the-fly before a message is received by the mail client. The function of virus activity control in SpIDer Mail allows to block suspicious actions peculiar to mass mailing worms. Experienced users can manually set up hooks of ports used for processing of mail traffic. Scheduling updates and scanning Dr.Web Scheduler allows to flexibly set the frequency of updates and regular scannings of hard drives.
o Virus bases updates and program upgrades
o The updates are fully automated
o The virus bases update is downloaded within a few seconds even in slowest connections
o The virus base is updated automatically every time a user connects to the Internet
o The size of the update is the smallest of all - up to 15 KB only
o Updates to the virus base are released as soon as new entries are added - up to several times per hour
o "Hot" add-ons are released as soon as new threat is caught and analyzed
o Dr.Web virus base is the most compact of all, which allows users to scan files quicker, spares users’ time and computers’ resources, provides for instantaneous updates. Just one entry in it detects tens, or hundreds and even thousands of similar viruses
o The Dr.Web global monitoring network collects samples of new viruses from all regions of the world Protection against adware Dr.Web Anti-virus protects your computer against various types of advertising software often downloaded together with free software or shareware programs. Protection against spyware Dr.Web Anti-virus stops spying programs designed for collection of users’ confidential information. These programs, such as spy bots, key-loggers, Java-applets (online gamers are at special risk!) are designed to spy on a system and send collected information to a third party – the persons who either created or ordered to create the program, among which are spammers, marketing agencies, scamming agencies, criminal groups and industrial espionage groups. Protection against paid dialers
Dr.Web anti-virus for Windows. RENEWAL, 3-50 users (version ) is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 87 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.